Sunday, April 9, 2017

Sunday Running Recap

For the week of April 3rd to April 9th, 2017...

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: Week 4 Day 1 C25K
Distance: 4.4K
Time: 37:05
Average Pace: 8:23/K
Notes: This was a great and a lousy run. The great part was the day was beautiful, and I brought my running gear to work in case we had a long cancellation and we did, right before lunch! Worked out so well, I'll be bringing my gear to work more often just in case. I got to run around Wascana Lake in  Regina and it was so lovely. This is part of the route of my half marathon in September so I'm sure I'll be trying to run it more often in the future. OK, so the lousy part... I don't think this Couch to 5k app plan that I'm following is a gradual enough plan to prevent injury. By the end of this month it has me running 25 minutes straight and I just don't think that's doable for me. I was doing 4 minute runs followed by 3 minute walking breaks and my right shin literally said no way. I'm not interested in nursing shin splints. I think I need to go back to running 2-3 minutes and walking for a minute. That seems more manageable...


Wednesday: PT session 5 with Coach Mal
Time: 1hr
Notes: We went easy on cardio and concentrated on upper body and lots of squats and lunges. Started using 15lb weights on many of the sets...

Thursday: Rest Day

Friday: Rest Day

Saturday: Rest Day



Sunday: Week 3 Run 1 of Coach Mal's Plan to 10K
Distance: 4.1K
Time: 34:10
Average Pace: 8:11/k
Notes: I haven't been following her plan because of the app but now I think I'm going to. It feels like it'll be a kinder way of establishing a base without hurting myself. So I ran 2 minutes, walked 1 minute intervals for 10 sets. My right leg is still a bit wonky and imbalanced but it felt better. Resting it for 4 days made a difference I think.

Sleek & Sexy Upper Body Workout
Notes: I love Tone It Up and they have their Bikini Series Challenge starting up soon. Go sign up, it's free! My PT sessions will be done in a few weeks, just in time for the Bikini Challenge.

I'm super excited that Yoga with Robin starts on Tuesday! Yay!

I'm bummed I'm still struggling with nagging pain. I keep thinking it has to get better soon. I'm starting week 6 of training and I guess that's not very long but I feel like I should be so much farther ahead than I am... This is the mantra I keep repeating to myself right now... Fitness takes time...


Question Time: 

How do you deal with impatience when trying to achieve a goal?

Do you have any tricks to staying motivated and positive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...