Monday, April 3, 2017

Sunday Running Recap

Hey there, picture heavy post for you today! I had a great week training and the weather is getting warmer everyday, which makes me happy. I had some meetings in the city for work this weekend so I got some city running in to. Good times!


So for the week of March 27th to April 2nd:

Monday: Rest day

Tuesday: Rest day (went for burgers with the boys instead of running. Didn't feel bad about it either!)

Wednesday: Week 3 Day 1 C25K
Distance: 3.8K
Time: 33:48
Average Pace: 8.51/K

PT with Mal (session 3)
Duration: 1hr
Notes: because I ran right before this workout I was already warmed up but cardio wise I was kinda pooped. We did lots of upper body and lots of squats again which were killer! I was totally exhausted by the time I walked home.

Thursday: Rest day

Friday: Rest Day

Saturday: Week 3 Day 2 C25K
Distance: 7k
Time: 1:05:16
Average Pace: 9.16k
Notes: I ran around Wascana, or at least part of it. Actually I ran/walked for 16 minutes and did the rest as power walking/hiking and the odd bit of running. I'm up to running for 2.5 minutes at a time. Slow progress but I felt really great the whole time and got an hours worth of cardio in.





Got a bit of super muddy trail running in on Saturday around the lake. Who knew? So muddy though and it was a short section. I ran it because I think I'll love trail running this summer.


I didn't love this snake though. I'm not sure if he's alive or not. I wasn't getting any closer. I'm grateful it isn't tick season yet. Ticks are the worst. Wait till I post pictures of them, yuck!

Sunday: Pt session with Mal
Duration: 1hr
Notes: I should be running today to get my C25K on a matching schedule with coach Mal's Sunday to Sunday schedule. I'm tired today though. The sun is shining so I may still go. In fact I really should. If I go now this morning maybe I won't be too tired for tonight... OK I talked myself into it.


Week 3 Day 3 C25K
Distance: 3.3k
Time: 27:25
Average Pace: 8:12/k
Notes: I went and I did it! Vitamin D makes all the difference!


Total distance for this week: 14.2k
Total time for this week: 2h 6m
(according to Strava. I'm myself there if you want to follow me, Jill Nault aka Sauceyjill)

Question time: How's your week going? Any training/fitness? How's your weather? Please say the sun is shining and you're soaking it all up! Have a great week everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the sun is shining here in the east bay. I power walked for 45 minutes to reach at least 5K. I did weights, crunches, and squats afterwards. My legs are feelin' it.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...