Monday, March 27, 2017

Sunday Recap

I took a few weeks off running and also blogging, sorry about that. I got the worst cold I've ever had as an adult and honestly didn't get off the couch for about a week. It was really awful. But I started back at running last weekend and this week was a nice full training week. I'm so happy. I also feel really strong and mostly pain free! So that's fabulous.

I started personal training on Wednesday with a great runner and fitness guru (Mallory - Breathe, Run, Repeat on Facebook). I'll be training with her twice a week for the next 6 weeks. I'm pumped about this. I've never had a personal trainer and I've also never been much for strength training. It shows. I can barely do one pushup. Kinda pathetic but a girl's gotta start somewhere. Anyway, on to some stats...

New Shoes!


For the week of March 20th to March 26th:

Monday: Week 2 Day 1 C25K
Distance: 4.1K
Time: 36:39
Average Pace: 8:51/k

Tuesday: Rest Day

Wednesday: PT with Mal
Duration: 1hr
Notes: did a fitness test, went thru the hiit workout once and generally got a feel for what this is going be like for the next 6 weeks, pretty excited!

Thursday: Rest Day - omg sore!

Friday: Rest Day - why is day 2 always the worst!!!

Saturday: Week 2 Day 2 C25K
Distance: 4.1K
Time: 36:23
Average Pace: 8:41/k

Evening Walk at the PFRA
Distance: 3.3K
Time: 41:13

Sunday: Week 2 Day 3 C25K
Distance: 4.2K
Time: 36:05
Average pace: 8:32/k

PT session 2 with Mal
Time: 1hr
Notes: This was another hiit style all body workout. Weights ranged from 3.5-10lbs. My upper body, core and legs were fatigued by the end. It was hard! It hurt in some parts. I'm so excited to do it again!

Total Distance: 15.7K

I'm happy with how this week looks! Next week should be similar. I'm onto week 3 of my Couch to 5k app and the run/walk intervals are getting harder... looks like 2.5 minute runs and the same for walking. That's going to feel brutal because the 1.5 minute running felt tough! I kept telling myself I can do anything for a minute and a half. And I did it too. Crazy stuff this mental game...

Anyway, hope you have a great next week and let me know if you are training for anything. 




1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were so knocked out by a bad cold. Love the new running shoes. Have fun with your personal trainer.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...