Wednesday, December 28, 2016

This week's WIPs

I took a brief (only I can call 2 and a half years brief) break from blogging but I haven't taken a break from knitting.

I cast on a new sweater on Christmas Eve. I've had Herbarium queued for a while on Ravelry and I bought the yarn for it a few months ago. I'm using Rustic Fingering by Northbound Knitting in the "sterling" colourway, its a nice steel grey.



This is a very rustic yarn, probably best suited to outerwear garments but I'm planning on wearing this sweater over a shirt anyway and scratchy wool doesn't bother me.

The next WIP is really close to being finished but I have a feeling it's going to be too small. Actually I know it is and I don't really have enough yardage to knit it larger. I'll finish it but probably gift it to a niece. The hat is called Guggeren Mutze by Brigitte Kalin. It's such a lovely hat and I think it'll be perfect in a cream yarn. So I'll be on the look out for 574 yards of cream fingering weight... and I'll be going up a needle size or two to make it fit better.




What would life be without a sock on the needles? I've knit a few pairs in the last few months mostly for Beth but this pair is for me. The pattern is called Skedaddle Socks by Lena Gjerald. It's a free pattern on Ravelry and one that's been in my queue for a year at least. I first saw these knit by Dani from the Little Bobbins Knits Podcast. They're a simple pattern with a cable down the back of the leg and down the heel flap. I'm just about to turn the heel and work the gusset.



The yarn I'm using is an Opal yarn but I've lost the ballband. I like the colours though and Opal is a good long wearing yarn that washes well. I should have lots left over for my granny square crochet blanket. I'll share that in another post. It's a fun stash busting project that I work on whenever I have some sock yarn to use up.

Although I don't have a ton of projects on my needles and I've really scaled back the crafting in general, I think I would be lost without making things. I love living a handcrafted life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...