Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stash Enhancement

Hello stash enhancement! I had a terrific mail day today...
All bought last year...
All bought online...
All yarn I haven't tried before...
All sock yarn...
All colours that are just out of my box...
All kinds of excitement over here...


I placed my first order at the Loopy Ewe and was not disappointed. The yarn selection is super and the little tape measure gift was very sweet. But the yarn, yum... I love buying yarn (I know I'm strange to those who don't share this love, thank goodness there are so many yarnaholics out there).

The above skeins are 3 shades of Colinette Jitterbug sock yarn in Blue Adonis (top), Java Plum (middle), and Dark Umber (bottom). Colinette is a company out of Wales. I can easily see myself buying more of these yarns, they are so much fun. Each is destined to be a pair of socks for my 12 Pair Plunge.

I also ordered some Lorna's Laces, a company I've heard about many times on blogs and podcasts but have never seen in person. I got two skeins.


The top one is called Great Horned Owl and it's a combo of frosty blue, grey brown, mushroom brown and cream. Can not wait to cast this one on! And the bottom is called Black Pearl. Oddly a fitting colour for that ship. I'm not the craziest purple fan but this will make a terrific pair of socks.

The last skein I have to show you is my Sweet Georgia Sock Yarn Club installment for January. It's called Night Owl and is actually a variegated yarn with yellow, purple, and navy on a superwash merino and silk base. Again, not something I would choose but I think it will make a fun pair of socks.


This colourway was really hard to photograph with the phone. I'll try for a better one with my Canon. This picture is a bit close to the true colours.

This will probably be the last yarn enhancement my stash will see for a while. I'm trying to pay down some debts this year and when I think back to what I spent last year on my hobby, I wince a little. Mind you... I do have a birthday coming up...

1 comment:

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...