Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Things that make you go hmmm...

I'm making serious headway on my Katniss socks. I have one finished and the other is so close. They fit great and I'm really happy with them. I love the oranges in this TFA yarn, they are just so cheerful to knit and while I'm not a orange fan for my clothing, for socks, anything goes right?!

I would probably be finished with the socks if it weren't for Ysolda Teague's new Mystery Shawl Knitalong. I bought the pattern last month and have been waiting for the first clue to come out. Well it did on Monday and I knew that once I started this shawl, other projects would be put aside until I knit the clue. So every Monday for the next month I'll be anxiously waiting for my email with the next clue. Very exciting!



My Windward shawl hasn't gotten any love lately, not even a row. Once the socks are off the needles I hope to get serious about this project. I think it'll be lovely once it's done and I do enjoy the construction. I've also been ignoring my pillow which is a shame because it's such a great pillow and I really want it. I guess I need to buckle down and do some serious knitting this week.

I'm waiting for my first shipment of Sweet Georgia's Yarn Club to arrive in the mail. I'm so darn happy to be in a sock yarn club again. I love getting parcels every month (or two depending on the club) in an exclusive colourway. Seeing as I've committed to knitting 12 pairs of socks and 12 shawls in 2014, sock yarn will be a welcome addition to my stash (since it won't be sticking around for long). I'll post a picture when I get it. Should be any day now.

Isn't it funny how close the spelling is for "addition" and "addiction"? Things that make you go hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. I have got to try a mystery KAL one of these days. Thou got lots of good stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...