Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Queue Revue

today we are taking a peek into my never ending queue...



photo by spillyjane

We all know I know I have love affair with mittens. I like to knit them, I like to give them away, I even like to wear them (good thing since winter lasts a long time around here).

This pattern is a recent find for me, even though it was released in 2008. Phedre is a pattern by the infamous spillyjane (a canuck mitten knitting genius!). It's based on the books by Jacqueline Carey. I read this series many years ago when the Superstar was little. Warning to future readers: this is a graphic dark series. I loved it!

These mittens are a reflection of that darkness, from the black rose tattoo to the blood red mitten. They are perfect!

3 comments:

  1. How do you like wearing a mitt like that above compared to one w/the separate finger coverings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, that is a gorgeous mitt!! love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kepanie

    Like a glove? I like wearing gloves but I love mittens, something about them reminds me of being a kid. Plus, they're warm. I do wear gloves all the time though, my Isotoner leather gloves in particular.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...