Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Queue Revue

Today we're taking a sneak peak into my never ending queue!


Hi knitters! I thought I'd start a regular weekly post highlighting the many projects I have in my queue. A queue is a great feature on Ravelry that allows you to list (queue) the projects you want to knit and add information like yarn type, tags to help you sort and search, and any other notes you may want to add.

Everyone uses their queue differently but I use it to list the projects I want and  intend to knit. I try to keep it reasonable, like under 100 but it's hard! I also go through it now and then and purge patterns that I've changed my mind about. Eh, it happens.

I'll try not to overwhelm you this morning!



picture by fullywoolly
I'll start with a pattern I queued back in July of this year. It's called Web Spinner by Irene Johnston. I intend to make this for Mr. Man. In fact I've ordered the yarn and printed the pattern. I just need to finish off the seasonal knitting and get going!

I'm so excited about this sweater for so many reasons:

1. My little lad loves Spider-Man.

2. I think he will look wonderful in this blue blue sweater with his blue eyes and little person!

3. I'm really glad that this pattern calls for Knit Picks yarn which comes in a range of colours (extraordinary richness and so many to choose from) and is a reasonable, budget friendly choice. I wanted a superwash (so I bought Swish Worsted)  as Mr. Man is only 3.

4. I know he'll have grand adventures in this sweater. 



picture by pinneguri

Aren't these lovely? I can't wait to knit a pair in January. The pattern is also a free one called Sundagsvotter. These mittens are knit in a light fingering weight yarn and I happen to have the perfect yarn in my stash.

JoAnn, my coworker brought me yarn last year from New Zealand. I made these fingerless mittens that I wear almost everyday at work. She also brought me 3 skeins of lovely deep red merino in a fingering weight.

I decided to wait until January and include these in the NaKniMitMo KAL on Ravelry. This is a knit a long during January for mitten month. Bet you didn't know January is mitten month! They offer prizes and encouragement and fun throughout the month. I joined up last January and since I still have mittens in my queue, I'm doing it again this January.

These are my must do mittens for 2011!

I hope you enjoyed a brief glimpse into my queue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...