Monday, August 16, 2010

A Visit to the Farm

A lovey thing happened yesterday in the life of mister man. He got a visit in at his Great Uncle and Aunt's farm, the perfect place for a 3 year old where he could indulge his every urge to pet farm machinery and animals. He got to wander around in the garden (I liked that part too!) and eat apples and strawberries. I spent a long time admiring this years crop of Holly Hocks...


The weather was the pits this spring and between the rain and camping with the Pathfinders/Rangers I didn't get my garden in. I really wish had made the time. Aunt Eleanor loaded us up with Swiss Chard, beets, cucumbers and peppers. It was so wonderful! She also parted with 2 small cherry trees that I plan to plant next weekend! So lucky!


Mister Man and B

Mister man not only got to pet the tractors, he got to ride around the yard and in a combine too!

Uncle Warren and Mister Man

I'll be going to back to the farm in the next few weeks to pick crabapples. I'm running out of jelly and I think every 2 years would be just about right for putting up some more. This year the trees are loaded and look great! I can't wait!

I love going just as the weather is cooling and the hint of fall is in the air... but right now, I'm not ready for summer to be over!



I still have so much knitting to do! I worked this weekend on my toy  Lamb by Susan B. Anderson. I've got all the lamb bits finished. If I get in an evening of sewing up, he'll be done. I also worked on the last Wallaby. When I finish I'll post about the 3 I completed this summer. And I'm knitting a hat for my LYS, the Golden Willow. It's really simple car knitting. I think I'll be done in the next few days.

After I get those three off the needles I can go back to Uke-Mochi. I hit a knitting snag on Friday and put it down until I have a chance to plot the solution.  I'm also hoping to grope new yarn today (it didn't come in on Friday). I'm so over the top with that stuff!


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness--a trip to a farm is like a 3 year old boy's version of heaven. :)

    I know what you mean about looking forward to Autumn. I saw a tree starting to change its leaves yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...