Friday, January 6, 2017

Queue Review

Oh I haven't done a queue review in so long! I totally love the queue feature on Ravelry. I use it to bookmark the patterns I want to knit. But... I do curate it every so often to keep it current, otherwise I'd have pages and pages. If there's a pattern that's been on there for too long and I'm pretty sure I have no intention of knitting it I favourite it and delete it from the queue. Because honestly, sometimes when I queue things I'm just in a mood, or caught up in the excitement of a popular pattern or just covetous of the lifestyle the picture represents. And I change my mind. A lot. One of the perks of being a creative type I guess.

So I was checking out my Instagram feed this morning like I do and I saw this picture posted by Kate Davies...


I love this sweater! Like love it! Granted I love just about everything this woman designs, she's brilliant. The photos she posts are always beautiful too. Now this pattern is called The Oa and it's part of her Inspired by Islay Club which I just bought a subscription to because I want to be on Islay right now, or in Scotland, or anywhere where it's not -27C. Also I want to knit this sweater. And I want the book that comes at the end of the subscription period. Oooh I want a lot of things!

Another sweater I queued today but saw on Instagram a few days ago is this one by Bristol Ivy...


The pattern is called Winter Petrichor and it's the perfect winter ski chalet sweater... It's winter here... I could ski... therefore logically I should knit this pullover... It's cute and I could see myself wearing this with jeans. I even have a stove like the one in the picture... clearly it's meant to be.

The last pattern I'll post today I actually first saw on Pinterest. It's a hat pattern. I have a love/hate relationship with hats. I love the idea of wearing them but the reality never looks as good on me as I think it should. Also I always make them too small. Like every time. I've been knitting for awhile now, it's a bit frustrating that I can't get my sizing down...

Anyway this hat is beautiful and reversible! I think I have a grey fingering weight in my stash I could use for this too... The pattern is called Constellate by Hunter Hammersen. It's knit in Madeline Tosh, everything knit in Mad Tosh looks amazing, why is that?


So as always at the end of a queue review post... What's in your queue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...