Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014

Hello to a brand new year! How exciting is it to start anew every year? I love it. It's a chance to make new choices and walk new paths, review old ones and keep what worked and toss what didn't.

I always think I won't make any resolutions but I do. I actually enjoy making lists. I have lots of aspirations for this year and I'll share a few of them...

One is to blog every week. Ever since we got the the iPad and then I got my phone, I've been slacking in the blogging department. I find sitting at our computer very tedious and I haven't found a good blogging app for the apple devices yet. If you know of one let me know. Anyway, I'm going to try to blog whether I have pictures to show or not. I like joining in with the Wednesday Yarn Along over on Ginny's blog and even if that's all I can manage, that will work for me!

I aspire to exercise more. I know this is such a common resolution at this time of year but I really feel the need to kick up my metabolism and take advantage of the activities we have around us. I have a kayak and I want to use it. I have rollerblades that need to meet the road more often. I have ice skates and public skating at the arena or if I can brave the cold, I can go outside, always open and free. I have an elliptical that collects dust but should be collecting miles if you know what I mean.

I have some knitting goals too of course...

For every skein of yarn I knit I'm going to throw $5 in a jar. I have no idea what the money is for yet but I wonder how much I'll save this year (and stash reduction is always a good thing). I'm not going to be sticky about whether or not I knit the entire skein or not, if I use up most of it, it counts.

I've decided to knit 12 pairs of socks this year and 12 shawls. I have most of the patterns and most of the yarn already. I think I can do it or at least make a really good stab at it. Even if I fail, I'll still have loads of new projects and lots of money in my savings jar.

So there you have it. Goodbye 2013, it was swell...


1 comment:

  1. Great goals for the new year. The Blogger app isn't the best for iPhone or iPad. It's real basic and I never really used it when I used Blogspot.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...