Friday, October 7, 2011

Elephant Swap

Hi everyone, after a bit of a blogging break I thought I'd come back and show you some of the things I made for the Itty Bitty Group's latest swap.




Remember Elmer? I made him back in March and he guards my wine glasses for me. When Mel told us that our next swap started with the letter E (she's been working us through the alphabet Itty Bitty style) I just knew I'd get a chance to finish my second Elefante that I started back in the spring.

I named this one Edie and planned to use the last of my Cotton Ease in cream, blue and green. Because I finished the toy before I knew who my swap partner would be, I decided to skip the safety eyes (not safe for babies) and just embroider them on. Other than that, she looks much like Elmer...







She suffered a run in with burs on our photo shoot. I felt a bit bad but she had so much fun tight-rope walking and sniffing mushrooms...




















Along with the Elephant theme I knit some washcloths, very cute pattern called the Peanut Cloth by Elaine Fitzpatrick.

And some fingerless mitts that turned out so well, I think I may make them again and again.












When I found out my swap partner was Julie (Tanknit on Ravelry) I was super excited! She had sent me a very sweet RAK (random acts of kindness) package early in the year and I've thought of her often. I was happy to be able to spoil her a bit and put together a package that would make her smile.

I love the Itty Bitty swaps and although I'm missing the next one (the christmas one too!), I'll be sure to get back on board next year with letter F (hopefully some froggy fun)!

1 comment:

  1. You swappers are so hardcore! I love Edie; she is adorable in that yarn and bow. Great photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...