Thursday, May 19, 2011

What to pack for Rapture

I don't know about you but I've been laughing about the coming end of the world all week.

According to this man, Rapture is going to happen on Saturday, May 21st at 6 o'clock (I'm not sure if he took time zones into consideration when calculating this). After this day, if you're still reading my blog, then you've missed the boat so to speak.

So lets have a bit of cheeky fun...

I made a list of things I'm packing to take with me:

  • yarn (or better yet a sheep or alpaca)
  • knitting needles
  • coffee
  • chocolate
  • comfortable shoes
  • my iPod with all the current episodes of my favorite podcasts
  • a copy of the book Pride and Prejudice
  • my favorite jeans
  • my camera
  • chapstick

I'm also planning the menu for our last supper. I think it'll include beer (pop for the kids) and maybe pizza ...

How about you? Are doing anything special on Saturday to celebrate?

I'll blog tomorrow with a less silly entry filling you all in my week that was and plans for the long weekend that is yet to be! Cheers :)

4 comments:

  1. Ha,ha...Looks like a good and complete list. See you on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not celebrating this End of the World event but we're taking my 88-89 year old grandmother out for her b-day/Mother's Day Saturday to a good restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you take a sheep or alpaca, you will totally need something to spin the fiber before you knit it. If you don't know how to spin, see me in Rapture. I'll be the one with all of my spindles and spinning wheels in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap. I invited a friend over at 6pm on Saturday. Didn't realize I had other plans. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...