Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tanis Fiber Arts Yarn Club Part 1

I'm so excited about this!!! I joined my very first yarn club. It was a combo christmas and birthday present to me, from me. I was really excited to hear about Tanis Fiber Arts on Julie's blog Knitted Bliss. I like yarn, I like supporting small dyers, and I really like that Tanis is a Canadian and she does beautiful work.

Just look at this yarn I got in the first installment of the Year in Colour Club!


Tanis has chosen to call this colourway Frost and I can see why. It's very soft and the yardage is a generous 420. She also included a fabulous scarf pattern with cables and lace. It's long and delicate, and super pretty. I'm not ready to cast on for it yet, but I'm so excited about it!


Tanis also included 4 amazing blank cards with the most stunning pictures of her yarn on them! They are bright and cheerful and I think I may hoard them. Although I should do my part to spread the word about her amazing talent and send some off to yarny friends. I think I was most pleased by this thoughtful extra. They really are lovely to look at.


I'm so excited about the next installment!

Oh, and if you're interested in joining, it's not too late. So far Tanis is keeping this club open.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so cool! So the dyer chooses the color and weight of the yarn, yeah? Her postcards are awesome!
    Good for you on giving yourself a gift like that.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...