Sunday, December 12, 2010

Books, Books, Books...

The library in my town is small. Really really small. The best thing about our library (other than our two librarians) is that any book I want I can order on their system. The books will come from all over the province. I love that!

So I went a bit crazy and ordered a bunch of books. You never know how long it will take to get to you or if there is a hold on them or a waiting list. So I ordered a bunch, like maybe 12. Well they all came in on Friday.



I'm so excited. I love reading, although it loses out to knitting most evenings. I'm particularly excited about the Gail Carriger series (the bottom 3). I'm expecting good things from that steampunk fantasy trilogy.

I'm also not above a good bodice ripper. Sometimes there is nothing better than curling up with a cup of tea and raunchy romance novel.

The very top 3 books are some of the top fantasy novels on Amazon. My favorite books when I was a teenager were fantasies like The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan), anything Tolkien, David Eddings, Terry Brooks, Anne McCaffrey, Piers Anthony, Terry Pratchett, etc... I used to devour these writers and spend hours lost in their worlds of magic and epic battles of good vs. evil. Loved them all!

So this holiday season I expect to be buried in a pile of books. Maybe my knitting will have to take the back seat this time...

Especially if I want to return them by the due date!

2 comments:

  1. "I'm also not above a good bodice ripper." LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you like to read bodice rippers! I started reading romances in high school. I love a good one also. Have you read the Bride Quartet series by Nora Roberts? One of my favorites besides Julie Garwoods' historicals. I kept all of those.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...