Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Mask Sewing

Well I bit the bullet and made up some masks for the family on the weekend. I used this tutorial I found on YouTube and some of my fun fabric stash... It was so easy, especially for a beginner like me.



But, I made some modifications of course...

- I reshaped the nose area so it wouldn't be too bulky

- cut the lower corner that went too close the ears for my liking

- I didn't add the wire bit to the nose, I think the mask fit well without it

- I found the length given for the elastics too small and it pulled on the ears... for my size I used 6 inches but for my daughter I used 7 inches, and I liked that way better. For B and his large mask I used 8 inches, also I made his mask about half an inch bigger than the pattern...



This is where I cut the tip off the pattern to make it fit a bit better by the ear


I really enjoyed making these! I could see myself making more but I really don't want to... Not many places are expecting people to wear masks but some are. I'm not against wearing a mask, heck I wear them at work all day and have for over 20 years... I'd do it to follow the "rules" and to do my part to protect people but I also know full well that this virus is primarily transferred from hand to mouth and the best way to prevent getting it, is to wash your hands and not touch your face...

But, when in a Pandemic... it's pretty cool to wear a cute homemade mask!

The two masks on the left have pointier bits at the bottom and the two on the right are modified

Have you made any masks? How about those ear savers? I made a bunch back in April for some care aids in long term homes. They were quick to crochet and I hope they helped...


Isn't it great to see so many free patterns around for making items like these? Thanks to all those that put free content out there, it's such a lovely gift and I appreciate it so much!

Cheers,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...