Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Green Loop

A few weeks ago I went to The Golden Willow (one of my LYS's) to look for 16 inch 4.5 mm circular needles and I left with different needles (the ones I wanted were on order) and yarn of course. I bought 2 skeins of Americo Cotton Prima DK in the most lovely pea green. I had visions of a loopy lacey scarf to go with my salmon coloured top.

I got on Ravelry, started searching and found a great free pattern by Helen over on the Pumpkinbelle, knits and bits Blog. This is exactly what I was looking for. I cast on right away and knit for two nights. It worked up remarkably fast and only took one skein!

I made a few mods, mostly I cast on 240 stitches. I could have cast on more really. I can wind this scarf into 3 loops but it would look equally as good with a 4th loop.

I also did a seed stitch border instead of garter stitch and knit it for 7 rounds. Everyone who has made this scarf on Ravelry has talked about how it rolls. I thought seed stitch would be a firmer border. It is... but it still rolls a bit. I think it's the nature of the scarf and frankly it doesn't bother me at all. I think it's charming!

Other than that, I followed the pattern. I used Jenny's Amazingly Stretchy Bind Off. I like using Cat Bordhi's video on YouTube. She does a great job of explaining how to do the bind off.



So that's it. A simple amazing scarf. I'm gifting this one to one of my bosses for giftmas. Don't worry though. I have one more skein of yarn and this pattern is a siren song I tell you!


3 comments:

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...