Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Very Cabley Mittens

Well here is my 2nd FO for 2011. I knit up these little mittens this past weekend after I got a email reminder that I had committed to knitting something for a raffle basket. The items are due for the end of the month and I had completely forgotten, so in a mad panic I raced to my binder of patterns (where almost all the patterns I queue end up) and pulled out this beauty.



I found this pattern by Kelly Porpiglia and it's free on Ravelry! Love those free patterns! About 478 people have projects listed on Ravelry and on Sunday, I added mine.

Very Cabley Mittens are knit on 4.5mm dpns (or magic loop) with worsted weight yarn. The cable pattern is super simple and the pattern itself is well written and clear. I was able to use some acrylic I had and that makes me very happy. Usually I wouldn't use acrylic (I'm a bit of a snob) but when it comes to donation knitting, machine wash and dry is the way to go.



I'd actually use this yarn again to knit mittens. They turned out super cute. I love how roomy they are! I'd knit a nice alpaca liner for added warmth and softness, and voila! The perfect winter mitten!




2 comments:

  1. They look fantastic! What does the inside look like? How'd you knit up the alpaca liner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so warm and cozy!! great colour.

    ReplyDelete

Little Sheep Virtues

Happy Friday! I'm pretty excited to be sharing this cross stitch project with you all. Pattern: Little Sheep Virtues 1-12 by Litt...